With the colder winter days ahead of us, finding the perfect comfort food is essential. That's where this spicy spin on white chicken chili comes into play!
This recipe and photo comes to us from Katy Hicock, whose graciously allowed us to share it on our own website and social media.
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 32 oz. Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 15oz Cans Great Northern Beans (drained)
- 2 4oz Cans Diced Green Chiles
- 1 15oz Can Whole Kernel Sweet Corn
- Small Handful Fresh, Chopped Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 4 oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Skip's Peppers (Original or Habanero)
- Sliced Jalapeños
- Sliced Avocados
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Fritos / Tortilla Strips
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Diced Onions
- Place chicken breasts in the crockpot first.
- Top with spices.
- Top chicken and spices with minced garlic, Great Northern beans, sweet corn, green chiles, chicken broth and chopped cilantro.
- Stir until spices and other ingredients are mixed together.
- Cover and cook on either LOW for 8 hours, or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred in mixer, or pull apart with two forks. The chicken will be tender so this won't take long or a lot of effort.
- Return chicken to the crockpot.
- Add cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, sour cream, and cornstarch.
- Stir so all ingredients are mixed together, cover, and cook on HIGH for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, stir one final time and serve with your desired toppings.
- ENJOY! 🔥